Have you come to the point where you’re asking in your head; what is happening to me, what am I doing with my life, where am I going? Don’t feel like you are alone. We all at some point asked ourselves those same questions.
I won’t lie to you. Life is not easy, unless as the saying goes, you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. Even then, as we get older we are prone to make mistakes, wonder, have needs to be met, and a desire for self worth.
The title of today’s blog is “know thy self”, I picked that title because in my opinion when we come to start asking such questions if we know ourselves by definition, we can easily answer those questions. Here’s a quick exersize you can do right now before you finish reading this post to help you evaluate your life.
- What would a perfect day look like?
- Are you a morning / night person?
- What’s more satisfying to you: time / money?
- Do you like to be in the spotlight?
- Is your life “on hold” in any aspect?
- What would you do if you had more energy?
- Do you get frustrated easily?
- How much TV do you watch in a week?
- What accomplishment that would make the biggest difference to your happiness?
Have you tried writing in a journal? Even if you don’t write in it everyday, give it a try. go to Target or Walmart and but a nice little book and begin your journey today. Answer the above questions in your new book and think about your answers. Are they satisfying? do you have some more soul searching to do? Keep records in your book.
Perhaps you’re reading this and have come up with more question to add to the list. Let me know on the comments below. What are some self motivating things you do daily to help you stay focus and in tuned with your inner self?